Friday, 23 November 2012

Photo selection and rejection DPS by kate





I chose this image as a selection as the model is looking directly into the camera, connecting with the audience. The lightening is bright but it makes the photo more upbeat which connects with the article. The bright lips on the model attract the attention to her face. The background is natural, the cars in the background is not what I want in the picture but I wil edit them out in photoshop. It is a mid-shot which is good because it means there isn't too much happening in the picture. The model isn't doing a striking pose or wearing little clothes which makes the photo more classy.



I also chose this photo as the model looks focused and in the zone, she is not looking into the camera but her facial expression still connects with the audience. The lightening is still bright which keeps the picture upbeat. Again, the cars are an issue but they can be edited out in photoshop. I don't like the drain in the picture either but again that can be edited out. The model isn't posing seductively or wearing little clothes so the article may appeal to girls as well as teenage boys.







Finally I chose this as a selection because the model is smiling directly into the camera, connecting with the audience and making the article seem happy and upbeat.
Again, the bright lips attract the reader to her face. The cars will have to be edited out in photoshop again. The lightening is a little bit too bright, you can't see her eyes very well but it works too. She isn't sticking to the stereotypical representations of females in this picture as she isn't posing seductively and she is taking control of the picture, she isn't trying to sell herself with small outfits.













I like this photo as it shows the model in full popstar mode. She has her eyes open but she isn't looking into the camera. There is also too much going on in the picture, the cars and the pole in the background make the picture look tacky. The lighting is good. The mic takes a bit of the attention away from the model herself.








  This Picture would have been nice, it was a high angled photo but I did it slightly too high so you can't see the models face very well. She is not looking into the camera which makes no connection to the audience. Her hands look as they are doing something also which is a distraction from the rest of the picture.








No comments:

Post a Comment