Friday, 23 November 2012

Laura-Jane White Selection and rejection of photos Contents Page

Shoot One: Bethany Johnson

After the photo shoot I came to a total of 30 photos. However I have selected the top 5 in which I have then edited them slightly using Adobe. Here I have shown a couple of rejects and some selections in which I am considering to use for the contents page. I have chosen the background to be in the woods as it is not distractive and the colours co-ordinate well with the house style colours. 

Rejections
In this photograph I love the pose and foreground because it shows confidence in herself and the pose strikes powerfulness. Also it follows the rule of thirds with her eyes in the top third and waist down in the bottom third. However the quality of lighting on her hair is to bright and takes away the quality of the look. Also a headphone is shown out of her pocket which is not meant to be there. So this photo is not suitable.










In this photograph the contrast levels in the background need to be manipulate slightly as the top half is brighter than the bottom half. I like the pose in this photograph but I feel like it doesn't work. However the hair again is not the correct quality of lighting and lacks detail. Furthermore the head is tilted which I did not want.














Selections
1. In this photograph I love the background and model pose as it shows more confidence. The braces used in this pose adds more effect to the outfit as she holds onto them. The quality of lighting is perfect as nothing is to bright or too dark. The mid-shot also works better as it closes up on the face while the outfit is still present.














2. In this photograph the pose is more striking and is the most confident out of the 3 images by the eyes looking directly into the reader showing power. Also it shows her figure of more with her curves and this links back to the representation of femininity. Furthermore the levels of brightness and contrast are good quality as the background is more blurred making the model look more sharper. This mid-shot also uses the rule of thirds as her eyes are on the top third and waist on the bottom third.










3. In this photograph it is similar to the first selection photo however I feel this is a stronger image as she connects the the reader by looking into them directly. The pose shows confidence again and draws detail to the braces as she holds them. The quality of lighting is slightly too bright at the top however, this can be adapted easily and wont take-away any of the quality. Overall, I think this image works well.












I have asked a few people on their opinion of which photograph works best and overall I have decided to choose the second image. This is because it is the best quality and the pose show the most confidence and power as she looks directly into the readers eyes and strikes passion. The mid-shot works best compared to the two rejection photos of a long shot as it shows more quality in her face (make-up). The quality of lighting is excellent and the focus of the model is excellent as it is not blurred and the photo is straightened. The photograph also follows the rule of thirds.


Shoot Two: Cassie Green


Rejections



In this photograph I like the mid-shot and direct look to the reader, However her arm is cut off at the side so this photo is not suitable.
















In this photograph I like the facial expressions. However the pose does not work well and doesn't reflect anything.




















Selections

1. In this photograph I like the pose and direct look to the reader. I have manipulated this image to black and white effect in which I think this has worked well in. It follows the rule of thirds and the quality of lighting works well.















2. In this photograph I like the close-up shot and facial expression. The light balance works well as it as even tone.



















3. In this photograph I like the pose as it shows confidence. Also I love the black and white effect as it contrasts well. However it is a very similar photo to shoot one of Bethany that I have all ready chosen.















Overall I have posted these pictures on Flickr and have entitled their opinion as well and I have .decided that image one works well the best as it shows a close-up shot of the model which shows detail. The black and white effect works well as it contrasts the magazine making it stand out more. The quality of lighting works well and the photo does not chop any part of the model off.

No comments:

Post a Comment