Friday, 23 November 2012

Laura-Jane White Selection and rejection of photos Front Cover


Rejections
In this photograph I have rejected this because the image crops parts of the hair at the side so it is not suitable. Also the background is too grey as usually front covers work best bas on a white background.















In this photograph I tried an angle like in the NME magazine in which the shot is taken looking down on the person diagonally. I don't think this photo works well as it does not position well. I should properly have taken it at a lower angle for this image to work.














In this photograph the image is too flat as it looks to straight. This gives no effect to the image. The facial expression does not reflect any of her personality as she looks glazed. Also I think this would have worked better as a close-up shot as the bottom half of image is blank. Could have included accessories. (E.g.) Necklace.













Selection
1. In this photograph I have brightened the lighting to give more quality. I like the smile and angle of this shot as they compliment each other and the red stands out against the white which runs with the house style colours.














In this photograph I like the pose as it shows a lot more confidence. However I would need to make this more focus. The pixel quality is good as it would need to be enlarged to a bigger scale. 
In this photograph it is similar to image 2 however, it is a close-up shot which I think does work better. However this is not as sharp but I could adjust this using Adobe. The quality of lighting works well as there is no uneven tone.















Overall I have chosen image 1 as my front cover photo as the background is the brightest and is easier to apply text around the image as is it is focused on the left side of the page. Also enough room to fit the masthead on unlike image 2. The flash on the camera works well as it brightens up the detail. The model shows a confident smile as she has achieved her career. The red stands out against the white canvas background which creates a good effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment