Thursday, 27 September 2012

Laura-Jane White Evaluation


1.       How you organised your photo shoot. Where? Model? Costume and props? How well did it go? What would you do better next time?

This photo shoot was located in a garden because it was a green area with open space which relates to the theme cover of sport. This shot would off been taken at school/college on the playing field, however it was inconvenient as it clashed with lessons, however you still get the same effect in an open space garden.

In this photo shoot a problem occurred straight away as the model needed for the photo shoot was unavailable as the schedule clashed with their event. I have learnt that I should check my schedule against their schedule to see what time would be the most convenient. Therefore I had to find another model at a different location, at a different time however I still achieved the look I was hoping for.

2.       What have you learnt about taking photographs so far?

I have learnt that the quality of the camera affects the quality of the picture as the closer you magnify the picture the pixels began to separate.

The quality of lighting on a photo such as the features on a face might not be well shown/lit or the background lighting could be too bright making that the main focus when really you want the model to be the main focus. So you have to balance out the lighting. Furthermore I have learnt that the background is just as important as the model as you can’t have it over-cluttered or have a prop that brings your eye to it when it’s supposed to be the model.

The angle of the camera matters as on the front cover you don’t want a photo image being slanted as you need the image to be straight. You also have to think if the cover photo will clash with font colour.

3.       What have you learnt about adobe so far?

So far I have learnt how to use different tools to create different effects. For example: I have learnt about different layers of an image how you can layer one thing add another layer and another layer but sometimes you have to re-arrange them for them to appear on top. Also if you want to go back later in the future and edit them you don’t compress them into a j.peg otherwise all the layers are merged together and you cannot go back to separating them unless you start again.
Another tool is you can edit the picture:
-          Colour: This adjust the colours on the picture if you want to enhance warmer colour you      increase the red tones or change the whole image by changing it to blues to greens.
-          Levels: This adjusts the lighting quality on the picture (light-dark)
-          Contrast: This adjusts the image effect making it bolder or fainter.
-          Crop: This adjusts the size of the image to what you want.
-          Sharpen: this adjust the quality of the image making it less blur, also defines the line more.

As you adjust your image you may lose some of the quality depending on what you have altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment