Thursday, 27 September 2012

Laura-Jane White Photo Analysis


Worst
In this photograph I like the footwork in this shot because it gives the reader the image of she is ready to play and determined. However the wall hanging looks odd in this picture and is not suited. Also the height of this photograph is too short as it crops half her hair out and the quality of lighting is not balanced as it is darker at the bottom and lighter at the top.








Best
In this photograph I like the pose and angle of this shot as it is eye-catching. The background image works well as it is outside which resembles sport. However, in this image the quality of lighting is poor as her face is to bright showing no detail but can be easily edited however you might loose the quality of the image.








Worst
In this photograph I like the full shot pose as it shows a dominant women ready for sport. The pose shows confidence in herself to the readers. The football is centred in the middle as it links to the key theme of ‘sport’. The background image works well as it is outside which resembles sport. However in this image the quality of lighting is poor as her face is not well lit to enhance her features. Also the picture has cropped out some of her hair and the image of the person itself is not centred. Furthermore on the right hand side there is a wall hanging, which was unable to move and it does not relate to the photograph. However you could use a clone tool and erase the wall hanging.



Best

In this photograph I like the pose as it shows a long shot but in a close-up view. Also she is centred in the middle which is ideal for the front cover as it shows centre attention. The contrast levels also works well as it is a simple background in open space with the model in the centre. I like the use of the football as a prop because it relates to sport which is themed in this magazine.  Furthermore, this image is not blurry or tilted so the angle is fine as it’s a straight, portrait image.





Worst
In this photograph I like the facial expression as it shows a focus through the eyes which engages with the reader. Also the background does not draw any focus so it makes her the centre of attention even more. I like the ball as a prop because it directly focuses on the theme football in the theme sport. The lighting quality also is an even contrast so there are no dark/light areas especially around her face. I like the medium shot of this photograph as it brings more detail and focus to her than a long shot.

However, this image does crop some of her hair out so it is not suitable.


Best
In this photograph I like the facial expression and angle shot of this medium-shot as its centre attention. Also contrast levels of brightness are fine so there are no extremely bright areas or extremely dark areas as it is all even. The model carrying the ball works well with her gesture as it shows confidence in herself towards the reader as she is success.

However some hair is missing so would have to re-shoot this as it is not suitable.





Over all, the costume in these photographs works well as it does not clash together and it is simple so it is not distracting.








No comments:

Post a Comment